|Course ID||Course Name|
|LT01||Speaking in Public with Authority and Confidence|
Speaking in Public with Authority and Confidence
Course Reference: LT01
Course duration: 5 days
Venue: Port Harcourt, Dubai or UK
You are comfortable with smaller audiences; your nerves are mostly under control and you
have experience presenting at a senior level.
This fast-paced, motivational and highly stretching interactive workshop is for you.
Your highly experienced presenter will coach you through a variety of challenging exercises to
enhance your natural style of presenting. Individual feedback and recordings will add to the
experience and give a foundation for future success.
Is it right for me?
Suitable for chief executives, directors, senior managers and professionals who find themselves
presenting to larger audiences.
What will I learn?
By the end of this course you will be able to:
• Build a logical and attention-holding structure.
• Meet your key objectives with flexible delivery.
• Making it memorable – Construct compelling openings and closures.
• Create content that remains memorable.
• Use dynamic visuals at the right time.
• Remain relaxed even when things don’t go to plan.
• Use silence and pauses for maximum impact.
• Perfect your personal style.
What will it cover?
• Understanding the audience, its needs and expectations
• Holding the audience’s attention – stay in control
• Using questions and objections as opportunities
• Maintaining your credibility
Voice and Image
• Breathing and voice projection
• Boost your vocal energy
• Make any nerves work for you
• Body language that inspires
Language that Works
• Repetition, pausing and summaries
• Using words which are natural and unforced. Avoiding business speak
• Positive and dynamic language
• Conveying passion
• Story telling, ice-breakers and mood makers
• Creating empathy and feeling for your audience
• Using word pictures
• Isolating the key messages
• Monitoring your strengths and weaknesses
Building your confidence to deliver consistently