|Course ID||Course Name|
|LT05||Creating Powerful Relationships Through Networking|
Creating Powerful Relationships Through Networking
Course Reference: LT05
Course duration: 5 days
Venue: Abuja; Lagos; Port Harcourt; Dubai or UK
Success in life is never just about what you know. If you are going to make your knowledge,
skills and abilities work for you it is desirable to build a wide variety of contacts with whom you
can share them in order to build some useful and resilient relationships.
Building those relationships requires a conscious recognition of the strategies and behaviours
This event will open up the possibility for you to create a strong and lasting network of useful
acquaintances by the use of these strategies and behaviours. Prepare for a challenging,
revealing, stimulating and extremely rewarding day.
Is it right for me?
Junior managers, supervisors, line managers, team leaders, administrators – anyone who needs
to build a network of strong and positive relationships.
What will I learn?
By the end of this course you will be able to:
• Begin building your network.
• Extend your network.
• Get noticed.
• Build relationships.
• Gain trust.
• Strengthen the relationships.
• Make the network operate to your benefit.
What will it cover?
Nature of Networks
• Identifying types of network
• How networks behave
Expanding Your Networks
• Using your current contacts to gain access
• Identifying areas of mutual interest
• Looking outside your immediate area for opportunities to expand your contact list using
• Other remote methods of attracting networks
Joining and Leaving Groups
• Identifying desired groups
• Using current contacts
• Validating your entry into the group
• The power of the volunteer
• Moving on whilst maintaining the relationship
Breaking the Ice
• How to create a good impression
• Selecting powerful openings
• Sound and impact
• Creating alliances
• Impact without offence
• Identifying key subject areas
• Use of questioning
• How to prompt a response
Finding Common Ground
• Making a similar sound
• Triggering mutual engagement
• Identifying positive, common interests and experiences
• Avoiding the one-upmanship game
Keeping the Conversation Going
• How to bring some energy to the conversation
• Changing pace
• Using stories, asking questions
• Building trust
Strengthening the Relationship
• Making it personal
• Building up positive credits
• Building obligation